- Lay mats or rugs at every entryway to collect dirt and grit. Dirt and grit behave as sandpaper on your finish and will get the end to become dull. If worn completely though, it will no longer function as protection.
- Purchase a premium excellent wood flooring safe vacuum or broom to sweep your wood floors often to pick up grains of dirt, dust, and other particles.
- Use the ideal cleaning and maintenance supplies for your hardwood flooring. Using the wrong cleaners can cause the finish to appear hazy and cut back the amount of time before you want to refinish your hardwood floors
- Avoid having a wet mop or excessive water to clean your wood floor. Mops should be wring out well before applying over your hardwood flooring.
- Keep relative humidity in your house between 35-55% to stop excessive gapping or warping. Please keep in mind some season gapping is normal, however, excessive gapping may never close back up and is brought on by extreme dryness.
- Covering furniture legs that may scratch or dent your wood floor. Chair legs that are frequently moved back and forth ought to be top priority for employing sticky felt pads.
- Follow manufacture installation directions when placing the flooring. Each fabrication may have slightly different recommendations and after them will ensure the flooring performs under the ideal conditions.
Engineered hardwood flooring is among the oldest kinds of floors and this manner of hardwood can endure over half a century if well protected.